Install SSL for Godaddy web hosting through cpanel.
- Install certbot on your local machine:
wget https://dl.eff.org/certbot-auto chmod a+x certbot-auto
- Generate SSL Certificate
./certbot-auto certonly --manual
- Install on Godaddy
- Open fullchain.pem and copy the top half of the file (only the first certificate).
- Log in to your GoDaddy cPanel. In the Security section, click SSL/TLS. Under Certificates (CRT), click “Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.”
- Paste the first half of the certificate under “Upload a New Certificate”, where it says, “Paste the certificate into the following text box:” Type a description and click “Save Certificate.”
- Under “Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS),” click “Manage SSL sites.”
- Under “Install an SSL Website,” select your first domain. Click “Autofill by Domain” and the certificate should populate in the first box. (All 3 boxes may be automatically populated.)
- Open privkey.pem and copy the content to the private key field
- If the “Certificate Authority Bundle” is not filled in, copy the second half of the fullchain.pem file to the field.
- Click “Install Certificate.”